f

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hand painted Levis denim jacket, my own design

I painted this beautiful vintage Levi's denim jacket with acrylic paint (the color is fixed by ironing). It was a lot of work and it took me a few days but it's always a pleasure for me to use my paintings and brushes. I created this illustration, my own design, inspired by the movie "Metropolis", Fritz Lang, 1927.
This jacket is for sale HERE
The finished jacket



The 3 pictures that inspired my design, from Metropolis

My finished design

Test of acrylic paint on fabric

The jacket before the transformation, an authentic vintage Levis denim jacket

The pattern for the back side panel on which I am going to paint my design

Pure linen fabric, ideal for painting

First step, make a sketch









See details of the jacket HERE

No comments: